NST is a unique consulting company that takes a comprehensive and holistic approach to security and network consulting. NST offers a modular and sequential set of consulting offerings that span the full information technology lifecycle.
Our clients entrust us with a broad range of activities and levels of responsibility because of our holistic viewpoint and ability to place security and networking in context within their businesses. We deliver our services in a methodical manner guided by a Program Management Office that ensures consulting projects are well understood, defined, priced and managed.
We are looking for people with a professional, solutions-based 'team player' attitude, excellent presentation skills, and a willingness to travel. Candidates should have a thorough understanding of Internet-based security systems.
The successful team players will have the ability to work with clients to solve their mission critical security problems to include the development of security plans, architecture, and strategies in order to help design and implement total security solutions within the context of their businesses environment.
NST senior security consultants assist clients in the development, implementation and maintenance of enterprise-wide information security capabilities. They work as part of the team that supports clients’ overall security efforts. Our consultants ensure that key business processes reflect appropriate risk management considerations. They lead or work on projects to assist clients in the development and evaluation of enterprise-wide security plans, policies, procedures and practices.
Candidates should have significant expertise in one or more security areas, and should have demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team context. Experience as a technical team leader is a plus.
• Development and implementation of enterprise-wide information security audits, security architectures, designs, policies, procedures and processes
• Enterprise-wide risk management
• Information Security presentation and awareness training
Knowledge of Security Principles and Security Solutions Architecture including the following:
• Structured system design methodology
• Familiarity with networking principles
• Knowledge of system security (OS hardening) for one or more of UNIX, Microsoft, and Mainframe environments
• Knowledge of network security (IPSec, Route authentication, network element protection)
• Hands-on experience with security implementation including Intrusion Detection Systems (NFR, NetRanger, etc.) and firewalls (PIX, Checkpoint, etc.)
• Experience with application servers (e.g., Websphere, Weblogic) and application security (SSL, HTTPS, S/MIME, PGP, system hardening)
• Database and transaction security
• Knowledge of penetration testing and application testing tools and forms of attack (ISS, Nessus, NMAP, CyberCop, SATAN/SAINT, SANCTUM, Kavado) and network traffic analysis tools (Network General Sniffer, LANalyzer, NetXray)
• Public Key Infrastructures (PKI)
• User authentication (Smart Cards, Biometrics)
• Security Policy and Procedure Development
• Distributed Object Technology (CORBA, DCOM)
This position requires exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills. The successful candidate must demonstrate strong writing and editing skills. This position involves interaction with a variety of Internet and Fortune 1000 clients developing security solutions as well as pre-sale client support.
• Develop security architecture for Fortune 1000 enterprises.
• Establish security plans and implement security solutions.
• Work with customers, third party vendors and strategic partners.
Bachelor's degree required
NST is an equal opportunity employer.