NST is a unique consulting company that takes a comprehensive and holistic approach to security and network consulting. NST offers a modular and sequential set of consulting offerings that span the full information technology lifecycle.
Our clients entrust us with a broad range of activities and levels of responsibility because of our holistic viewpoint and ability to place security and networking in context within their businesses. We deliver our services in a methodical manner that ensures consulting projects are well understood, defined, priced and managed.
We are looking for people with a professional, solutions-based 'team player' attitude, excellent presentation skills, and a willingness to travel. Candidates should have a thorough understanding of network technologies.
The successful team players will have the ability to work with clients to solve their mission critical network and business problems to include the development of network plans, architecture, and strategies in order to help design and implement total network solutions within the context of their businesses environment.
They work on projects to ensure that key business processes and management considerations are supported by network architecture and design. They lead or work on projects to assist clients in the development and evaluation of enterprise-wide network plans, policies, procedures and practices.
Candidates should have significant expertise in one or more networking areas, and should have demonstrated outstanding project management experience in a leadership role.
NST network architects lead network and security strategy development, architecture, design and requirements gathering around the following technologies:
• Electric utility protocols: DNP, ICCP, etc.
• Substation network design and implementation
• Business strategy as related to the technologies
• Network Management
• Emerging Technologies
• Written/verbal communication skills
• IT Technologies
Senior network consultants must be able to gather enterprise-wide system requirements, and map requirements to corporate network strategies. They must be able to manage large teams of network and security consultants responsible for the design, planning and implementation of those strategies. Network architects must be able to translate business requirements into comprehensive systems architecture definition.
Candidates should have significant expertise in multiple security areas, and should have demonstrated outstanding project management experience in a leadership role.
• Lead development and implementation of enterprise-network architectures, designs and assessments.
• Lead enterprise-wide requirements gathering.
• Ideal candidates must be resourceful, learn quickly, work independently, be self-motivated and proactive in their approach to problem solving and customer service.
Expert knowledge of network principles and network solutions including the following:
• All facets of TCP/IP, routing, and the Internet infrastructure is a core proficiency.
• Internetworking protocols and services, such as TCP, UDP, ICMP, BGP4, OSPF, RIP, IPsec/IKE, SMTP, POP3, NNTP, HTTP, FTP, X.500, Windows and UNIX RPC, X.25, Active Directory, etc, are fundamental to success in this position.
• Hands-on configuration of Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
• Substation LAN / WAN communications
• Electric control center LAN / WAN communications
• All candidates must have an in depth understanding of both technical and non-technical issues affecting security including network architecture, network and host security, application vulnerabilities, and social engineering.
• A strong working knowledge of network and security best practices and business continuity planning is desired.
In addition to the technical skills, strong written and verbal communications skills required.
In this position, you will be involved with a variety of Internet and Fortune 1000 clients. You will also be working closely with our client base developing network solutions as well as dedicating a portion of your time to pre-sale client support.
• Collect business/technical requirements for various initiatives
• Manage large projects with client staff and contractors/vendors/consultants as necessary.
• Identify and Coordinate implementation of tools for network mgmt/monitoring, etc.
• Oversee network designs and consolidation of various network solutions
• Lead rapid response and connectivity troubleshooting engagements
• Develop network device configurations and templates
• Work on client teams to design low risk/high availability and performance implementation of solutions.
Bachelor's degree required. Cisco certification desirable (CCNP or higher)
NST is an equal opportunity employer.