Ben is a Senior Security Consultant with more than 16 years of experience in Information Technology working with network and server administration. Ben’s focus at NST is in supporting the Technical Practice with the performance of CIP Vulnerability Assessments, network analysis / design / implementation, and the performance of technical security assessments of IT and OT environments. Ben’s skills are vendor and system agnostic, and he brings a wide array of experience in different environments to his consulting style.
Throughout his career Ben has focused on standing up new services to meet compliance, remove technical debt, or fulfill a new need.
Prior to joining NST, Ben began his career at the University of Wisconsin Milwaukee (UWM) where he worked in a variety of roles. He began as a student worker and through a series of promotions ultimately became an Enterprise Architect.
Ben worked on many initiatives in his time at UWM including:
• Designed and built the UWM Payment Card Industry (PCI) Environment to adhere to the PCI Data Security Standards
• Managed the High Performance Compute environment as well as designed the future clusters
• Deployed and managed network hardware
• Designed and built the management environment for Linux server administration
• Migrated UWM account management from internal custom code environments to AzureAD and implemented Microsoft MFA and SSPR
• Designed and upgraded on-premises infrastructure in the datacenter for both VMWare and Hyper-V server environments
• Designed and built the shared hosting environment utilized campus wide to deploy web applications
Ben attended University of Wisconsin Milwaukee for Computer Science, and previously held a GIAC Pen Tester (GPEN) certification.
Ben loves winter and mountain sports, including ice climbing, mountaineering, and skiing.